*we're just tamer animals*

Critters Galore at Green Meadows Petting Farm

Green Meadows Petting Farm is a field trip favorite during the school year. The tree-shaded animal oasis allows for easy meetings of all of the critters that call Green Meadows home. The staff leads two hour tours that encourage you to touch most of their furry friends. The experience is punctuated with activities that let you “kick back” as well, aboard their hay ride and train trolley that shows you just what an impressive piece of land they have. Green Meadows also understands the importance of air conditioning. One of the cutest stops is inside the old barn where guinea pigs, bunnies, birds, and even a hedgehog cool off too.

Even in the hot Florida summer, Green Meadows is a treat. I was surprised to find that visiting the farm was just as fun as when I took my kindergarten class there. Kristofer and I learned new skills like how to catch a duck and milk a cow. We got up close and personal with baby chickens and ducks that were downy soft and very vocal. My favorite animal was a miniature cow who reminded me a ton of my former foster pekingese with her underbite and snorting. Or maybe my favorite was all the new baby animals that had recently been born…

At the end of the tour everyone got a sturdy souvenir cup with the cartoon farm animals on it (in the fall you get to pick a pumpkin). It’s little gestures like that which will keep me coming back to Green Meadows whenever I’m in town. The aura of the farm is calming and welcoming at the same time. It is the perfect stop for families and animal lovers alike.

Want to see more photos? Check out my set on Flickr!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*