*that through the years has made the shift*

Memory Lane Has a Name: Lanier's Antique Marketplace

I was born in the wrong era because I adore everything antique or vintage. When I was a Kissimmee local I was just beginning that love affair and happened upon Lanier’s Antique Marketplace.

This charming store is in historic downtown and packed with anything your antique-loving heart can imagine. 5 years ago I bought an embroidered chair that has made many moves with our family and it made me a fan for life.

Armed with a greater love and knowledge of things of the past, I was excited to see if Lanier’s was as much fun as it had been in my past. I was not disappointed. There were radiant antique lamp sets that would have looked perfect in our vintage house back in Utah. Crystals reflected heirloom pieces of furniture and decorations that made me think of classier times. For those not ready for such a big commitment, there were plenty of items that could fit in your carry-on luggage. I spotted an organized box of beautiful linen postcards illustrating a time of travel. Interestingly enough, the first pack I pulled was of Utah (imagine that)! My favorite though, was one of old main street Kissimmee.

If there’s one area of antiques that I just swoon over (and that makes my husband nervous about our credit card bills) it’s the jewelry! Lanier’s not only had a beautiful selection of sparkly things but they also took the time to go through them with you. With gold prices reaching ridiculous levels, I appreciated that they weighed and categorized each piece I was looking at. It was comforting that they knew their antique jewelry as much as I did and wanted to represent it well. Very classy indeed!

The family who owns and works Lanier’s is incredible. The shopping experience was made even better by their easy conversation and making you feel like you were browsing around someone’s home. They were great in suggesting other areas downtown that were best bets for food and continued shopping. That’s one of the reasons I love historic downtowns in any town. The people who run businesses in them are passionate about keeping the area alive and Kissimmee’s is no different.

Next time you’re in town, take that stroll downtown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*