*up ahead in the distance, i saw shimmering light*

Susan's Courtside Cafe

My old college roommate and all around lovely lady, Ashleigh, works at the Kissimmee courthouse so it was imperative that I meet her on her lunch break and catch up. She suggested a sandwich place that she knew I would love because it was set inside an old house and had lots of rooster decorations. Susan’s Courtside Cafe turned out to be every bit as charming as she described.

Walking up that porch to the Cafe is like going to a friends for a visit. We were greeted with friendly faces and an unique atmosphere. The house has been broken up into themed dining areas while still maintaining a cozy feel. Once we placed our orders Ashleigh lead us to her favorite of the rooms. The tabletops balanced on salvaged fire hydrants! While we chatted and waited for the arrival of our food, I couldn’t help noticing all of the architectural details that remained intact in this 1912 home. My husband and I are in the middle of restoring our own “old home” and love that kind of respect.

Susan’s is not just a pretty background either. The food was fresh and filling. I ordered a BLT with the bacon on the side (the vegetarian version) and they didn’t even give me a funny look! Sitting in the fireman’s nook with good food and better friends was bliss. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect place to reconnect.

I also couldn’t believe I’d lived in Kissimmee for a year and never knew it was there. So, friends, take the drive off the tourist route and discover this hidden gem for yourself. I hear it also moonlights as a stop on the Kissimmee Ghost Tour (which we tried to take but downtown construction had other plans). Great food, a classic location, and history? What’s not to love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*