*it's gonna be my time*

When I was Eileen's age I was already well obsessed with "My Little Ponies." At least that's what my baby book said. Despite Seth and I's best efforts to show Bean the wonder of Don Bluth classics, she just hasn't been a "watching things" kind of girl. 

That is until a couple of weeks ago when Seth introduced her to Sofia the First while I was sneaking in a mid-afternoon pass-out session. She sat through the whole made-for-Disney-Channel movie and has since watched all 15 Disney Junior episodes. 


We love it because we get to sneak in the ever illusive cuddle. She'll proclaim "I watch" before being so immersed in Sofia that she forgets she minds you snuggling with her. In fact, she only moves to wave when Sofia does in the opening song (Eileen's got a natural princess wave) or to dance. Otherwise she's yours.

Sofia (or "Sopia"/"Pia" as Bean calls her) is everywhere in our house but I can't help myself. It's fun watching her make her amulet light up for people that comment on her jewels. She loves coloring at her Sofia table. She's developed a new love of dolls and makes hers dance and walk. When we're out and she sees Sofia merchandise she gets all excited and shouts "Pia!" We also have the cd in the car and have learned all the words. 

 It's just awesome to see your little girl pick something that she likes and go with it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*