*but you'll never see the end of the road while you're traveling with me*

When I was little we used to do Fourth of July at Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee. It was quite the event because you got bussed in with your blankets/kids/coolers and once you arrived you were there until the fireworks. I absolutely loved it, but now as a parent, I can only imagine what a production it was for Mama and Chungs. 



That's why whenever I get frustrated with the Ranch, I think about the 4th. Our street is super close to Murray Park and on the Fourth of July it makes for an easy celebration. There's a morning parade and fireworks well before the city sponsored show (though the neighborhood ones made us more nervous this year because of the wild fires), lawn chairs, family all over the place, and it takes us 40 minutes just to get up to our house because we're stopping to catch up with everyone. Our street has a perfect view of the city fireworks to end the evening. You don't have to go any further than your yard. It's fantastic. 


 
This year we were especially grateful for the proximity because of Bean. When she couldn't go to sleep because of all the small fireworks, we just brought her out with us to enjoy the celebration. When it was time for the city show she loved looking at the lights and the booms didn't faze her.  The 3 of us (cause let's be honest, the 4th is not a dog friendly holiday so our furkids lounge inside) stretched out in our chairs on the front lawn was some kind of wonderful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*