*rest your head close to my heart, never to part*

To Eileen~
(the night before I go back to work)

I love you. 

I loved you when you had an alligator spine, 
when you danced if we danced in class, 
when we met you. 

I loved you when you snuggled, 
when you first recognized the puffs, 
when you reached for me on purpose. 

I loved you when you giggled, 
when you made dinosaur noises, 
when you were my everywhere buddy. 

And I will love you now in one place while you are in another. 
That's the beauty of it. 
There are no stay-at-home or working mamas. 
There are just mamas. 
And they can love from anywhere.

And I will love you from everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*