*then i'll make a fake degree*

When I was fixing to graduate UF my academic adviser told me that unless I wanted to live in a cardboard box, I needed to explore other things to do with my English degree. True story. The creative writer in me was mortified but it was solid advice. I have not used my degree for anything writing related...until now. On a whim in March I applied to be a paid blogger for Kissimmee's tourism site. Surprisingly they accepted me and I'll be heading back to Florida tonight on our old friend the red eye flight.

My posts on the tourism website won't be live yet but I'm going to be cross posting all of the adventures to this blog. Here's my first one about pre-trip planning:

Winter in Utah never seems to have a definitive beginning or end so when I started planning my trip to the home state sunny visions danced in my head. I wanted to go back to all my favorite places. The listing began of where we all used to spend our weekends, the best places to eat, the out of the way bars to unwind in, and the establishments I could still close my eyes and remember. In short, I wanted to pretend I was a younger version of myself.

What's that they say about life happening when you're busy making plans? The week after I booked my flight to Florida, Seth & I found out we were pregnant. We're beyond thrilled to welcome our little one in November. It also means I'll have to forgo reviewing some of my old haunts like the ladies night bar and the tattoo shop. It's a good thing Kissimmee has something to offer people of any age. I'll get to discover it in a whole new way.

Get ready my friends, for nightly postings. I'll be a temporary Floridian until next Thursday.


Comments

Angela said…
How exciting! Have fun. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

*just like James I'll be drinking Irish tonight*

"I rest my head between the bed and sky"

*turn off this song, find someone to love*